General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
Every business must prepare for the inevitability of accidents and other incidents. Even the daily operations of companies that are a part of relatively safe sectors may include significant risks and exposures that could lead to costly losses. Damages accrued by third parties for which your business is responsible may threaten your financial situation. Adequate liability insurance is essential.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
As its name suggests, general liability insurance provides a broad safety net for your business that can help you respond to incidents affecting third parties, such as customers, guests or passersby. Because of the common risks and perils included in most general liability insurance policies, this type of coverage is often an integral part of most organizations’ loss control measures.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance policies can provide financial protection for the following:
What Are Other Types of Liability Insurance?
- Bodily injury—This coverage can help pay for the medical bills of third parties if you are responsible for an incident that caused them harm. It may also compensate them if their ability to work was affected.
- Property damage—If your business is responsible for damaging someone else’s property, your general liability insurance can help pay to repair or replace their losses.
- Personal and advertising injury—Your policy can render financial assistance to pay for losses and damages arising from personal and advertising injuries, such as slander, libel, copyright infringement and false advertising.
Although obtaining general liability insurance can be a good first step toward mitigating liability-related risks and exposures, enhancing your coverage with additional policies may be necessary. The following coverages may provide further financial protection:
Get the Right Coverage
- Professional liability insurance—This coverage, also known as errors and omissions (E&O) insurance, can render financial aid if your business is accused of providing incorrect, negligent or late services.
- Commercial auto insurance—If your business is at fault for an accident involving its motor vehicles, this coverage can help pay for third-party losses.
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)—By including this coverage in your insurance portfolio, you may receive financial assistance if a current, former or prospective employee accuses your business of improper workplace practices, such as discrimination, wrongful termination or sexual harassment.
- Commercial umbrella insurance—This type of coverage acts as a secondary form of protection and can provide additional financial resources if the limits of other liability insurance policies are exhausted.
With over 35 years of experience, Berry Curtis Insurance is well-equipped to help businesses in the Redding and Corning areas protect their finances and futures with optimal coverage solutions. Our agents have the knowledge and expertise to assess your insurance needs and craft suitable policies. Contact us today to get started.