Why “Do It Yourself” Does Not Work With Insurance
Everyone loves “do it yourself” or “DIY” projects. The concept has caught the eye of many Americans. With Pinterest, stores like Home Depot, and online instructional videos, home improvement projects have become less complicated for the average person. The DIY idea has also made its way into purchasing personal insurance. However, DIY and purchasing personal insurance is NOT a match made in heaven, here is why.
- Never underestimate the value of speaking to a professional licensed agent. They are experts in the industry and work on your behalf to find you the best value, price, and service.
- Are you an insurance expert? DIY insurance buying requires that you to know and understand all about insurance.
- What if you have a claim—will you be able to settle it without help?
- Because you are not an insurance expert, you will not be aware of which companies may be more favorable for your own specific needs. For example, did you know that some companies have a preferred rate for older drivers? You would never know this with online insurance.
- When you purchase your car insurance through a local agent or broker, you will be working with someone who is familiar with your state and city, as well as the full offerings of the companies they represent.
The Berry Curtis Insurance Agency opened in 1986 and has been family owned and operated ever since. We’ve become a staple in the community, holding membership in the Corning Chamber of Commerce and other organizations. Our owner, Berry, is a member of the Patriot Guard, a motorcycle brigade for military funerals. His dedication to protection is apparent in many aspects of his life.